grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: 2.1 QuickStart link; database sizing

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: 2.1 QuickStart link; database sizing

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "Baker, Doug" <>, "''" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: 2.1 QuickStart link; database sizing
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 15:45:11 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I removed the quick start link.

About sizing, Im not sure there is anything. My gut feel is that you need a
few kB for each membership. So if you have a million memberships, you need a
few gigs. Of course it depends on you group to membership ratio, your use of
attributes/permissions, how much space the point in time tables you require
(how much shurn you have had and how long you keep those records), etc.

I would start out with a certain size, monitor it, and grow accordingly.

On Behalf Of Baker, Doug