grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Grouper LDAP loader - large result sets

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Grouper LDAP loader - large result sets

  • From: Jeff McCullough <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Tom Zeller <>, "" <>, CalNet Administration <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Grouper LDAP loader - large result sets
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 17:52:48 -0700

I did some further investigation of the LDAP server logs, and was able to
track the issue back to the grouper-loader.properties file. There was an
error there, so the loader was defaulting to an anonymous bind. The
sources.xml tag delimiting of the same information was fine, so the other
lookups were working. Thank you for your time on this.

Jeff

On Apr 2, 2012, at 11:35 PM, Jeff McCullough wrote:

> I see the debug line, and it reports ArrayList size: 500.
>
> Jeff
>

> On Apr 2, 2012, at 9:43 PM, Chris Hyzer
> <>
> wrote:
>
>> TomZ feel free to chime in...
>>
>> I did a loader job from our ldap which returned 30k subjects. I didn't
>> have the source configured, but I saw that many results come back from
>> ldap.
>>
>> Which type of job is this? I tried LDAP_SIMPLE
>>
>> I set this in the log4j.properties:
>>
>> log4j.logger.edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.ldap = DEBUG
>>
>> I saw this in the logs:
>>
>> 2012-04-03 00:35:13,908: [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-1] DEBUG
>> LdapSession$1.callback(274) - - Found 30650 results for serverId:
>> personLdap, searchDn: ou=whatever, filter: '(cn=someFilter:whatever)',
>> returning attribute: hasMember, some results: ArrayList size: 30650: [0]:
>> whatever
>>
>> Do you see that or is it 500?
>>
>> It is in the LdapSession class, doing this:
>>
>> searchResultIterator = ldap.search(searchDn,
>> searchFilterObject, searchControls);
>>
>> I would think the problem is in vt-ldap (or one of its configs), or the
>> ldap server setting. TomZ do you have some help here? :)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> chris

>>> group = new
>>> GroupSave(grouperSession).assignName("someStem:myLdapGroup").assignCreateParentStemsIfNotExist(true).save();
>>> attributeAssign =
>>> group.getAttributeDelegate().assignAttribute(LoaderLdapUtils.grouperLoaderLdapAttributeDefName()).getAttributeAssign();
>>> attributeAssign.getAttributeValueDelegate().assignValue(LoaderLdapUtils.grouperLoaderLdapTypeName(),
>>> "LDAP_SIMPLE");
>>> attributeAssign.getAttributeValueDelegate().assignValue(LoaderLdapUtils.grouperLoaderLdapFilterName(),
>>> "(&(objectclass=person)(uid=*))");
>>> attributeAssign.getAttributeValueDelegate().assignValue(LoaderLdapUtils.grouperLoaderLdapQuartzCronName(),
>>> attributeAssign.getAttributeValueDelegate().assignValue(LoaderLdapUtils.grouperLoaderLdapServerIdName(),
>>> "ucbLdap");
>>> attributeAssign.getAttributeValueDelegate().assignValue(LoaderLdapUtils.grouperLoaderLdapSubjectAttributeName(),
>>> attributeAssign.getAttributeValueDelegate().assignValue(LoaderLdapUtils.grouperLoaderLdapSubjectIdTypeName(),
>>> "subjectIdentifier");
>>> group = GroupFinder.findByName(grouperSession, "someStem:myLdapGroup");