grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Replicating peculiar functionality with psp

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Replicating peculiar functionality with psp

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Colin Hudler <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Replicating peculiar functionality with psp
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 18:39:00 -0500

Apologies for the delay in my response.

In general, I think you will be ok, meaning : you should be able to do
what you want.

It will take me a minute to parse your configuration, in the meantime,
could you help me understand :

> Our static groups may not have a canonical groupDn, and often not any static
> group at all.

I think you are saying that the ldap dn of a static group is user
specified, and stored as a group attribute in grouper. This seems
fine.

And, regarding :

> allows the user to also specify the DOMAIN where groups are stored (we do
> not always have them in the same domain as users).

What is the impact of the user specified domain ? Does each domain
require an ldap connection ?

Thanks for trying out the psp.

TomZ

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Colin Hudler