grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Grouper 1.6.3 - remove member issue

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Grouper 1.6.3 - remove member issue

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Grouper 1.6.3 - remove member issue
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 17:44:06 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Can you try it with GSH with a lot of memory, and send all the logs if it
doesn’t work?

I think you could do it in GSH without using a transaction, if it doesn’t
work, maybe we could try that...

On Behalf Of Julien Gribonvald
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:56 AM

Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper 1.6.3 - remove member issue

Hello,

We are experiencing an issue in removing a member (which is a group and
contains many members) from a group. This cause a higth load average on
mysql (5.1) and a long transaction that finish by a very long rollback
(we don't know exactly why but maybe due to servlet end session) .

The problem is surely due to that the group containing the member that
we want to remove has a lot of privilegies on different groups (we have
around 20 K groups and the container group has privilegies on nearly 3/4
of these groups) and when we make the request with grouper-ui it makes
very long time execution. So my question is how can we remove the member
of a such group without these problem ? I watched on the base but it
seems a bit complicated, it's not only remove a member from en entry.
Also I think that we will have the same problem doing this removing with
GSH.

What is your advice to solve this problem ? Or maybe you have a request
or the list of tables impacted by a such remove ? Any help would be
appreciated, thanks for all.

Thanks

Julien