grouper-users - [grouper-users] Grouper 1.6.3 - remove member issue

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Grouper 1.6.3 - remove member issue

  • From: Julien Gribonvald <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper 1.6.3 - remove member issue
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:55:33 +0100

Hello,

We are experiencing an issue in removing a member (which is a group and contains many members) from a group. This cause a higth load average on mysql (5.1) and a long transaction that finish by a very long rollback (we don't know exactly why but maybe due to servlet end session) .

The problem is surely due to that the group containing the member that we want to remove has a lot of privilegies on different groups (we have around 20 K groups and the container group has privilegies on nearly 3/4 of these groups) and when we make the request with grouper-ui it makes very long time execution. So my question is how can we remove the member of a such group without these problem ? I watched on the base but it seems a bit complicated, it's not only remove a member from en entry. Also I think that we will have the same problem doing this removing with GSH.

What is your advice to solve this problem ? Or maybe you have a request or the list of tables impacted by a such remove ? Any help would be appreciated, thanks for all.

Thanks

Julien
begin:vcard
fn:Julien Gribonvald
n:Gribonvald;Julien
org:GIP RECIA
adr;dom:;;151 rue de la Juine;Olivet;;45160
email;internet:
tel;work:+33238421463
version:2.1
end:vcard