grouper-users - [grouper-users] ldappcng: trouble with multiple targets

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] ldappcng: trouble with multiple targets

  • From: Francesco Malvezzi <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] ldappcng: trouble with multiple targets
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 13:50:59 +0100
  • Unimore-x-sa-score: -1.2

Hi all,

ldappcng works fine now with single openLdap.

The aim now is to provide:
1) the same information to two OpenLdap (identical) and
2) a different view to a third openLdap.

For the first task, I have modified ldappcng.xml and inserted two <target>:

<targets id="LDAP">

<target id="ldap" provider="ldap-provider" />
<target id="ldap-secondary" provider="ldap-provider-secondary" />
[...]
</targets>
(before I defined them in ldappc-services.xml and created the relative
properties file).

Now it works correctly with either:
bin/gsh.sh -ldappcng -sync unimore:domains:unimore:test -targetID ldap
or
bin/gsh.sh -ldappcng -sync unimore:domains:unimore:test -targetID
ldap-secondary

If I remove the -targetID switch, it tries to provision twice to first
target (ldap), and of course it fails. Is it what is expected?

For the second task, the requirement is to provision just the groups,
not the membership information of the people (isMemberOf attribute).

As soon as I edit ldappcng.xml to remove the
<object id="member">
<identifier ref="member-dn" baseId="${peopleOU}">
<identifyingAttribute name="objectclass" value="person" />
</identifier>
<attribute name="objectClass" ref="member-objectclass"
retainAll="true" />
<attribute name="isMemberOf" ref="memberIsMemberOf" />
</object>
I fall in a schema error:
2012-03-05 13:25:15,541: [main] ERROR BaseService.loadContext(187) - -
Configuration was not loaded for ldappc service, error creating
components. The root cause of this error was:
org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean
named 'domain:group' is defined

where domain is the targetID of the third OpenLDAP.

What is the 'domain:group' bean? Is it a convention-over-configuration
naming scheme?

My next problem with this task is that this configuration in
ldappcng.xml is not valid:

<target id="domain" provider="domain-provider" >

<object id="stem">
<identifier ref="stem-dn" baseId="${groupsOU}">
<identifyingAttribute name="objectclass"
value="organizationalUnit" />
</identifier>
<attribute name="objectClass" ref="stem-objectclass" />
<attribute name="ou" ref="stem-ou" />
<attribute name="description" ref="stem-description" />
</object>
[... other objects ...]

</target>

It looks target should not enclose other definitions.

Am I doing something allright wrong? Is there a better way to do that?
My grouper version is 2.0.3.

Thank you for your patience,

Francesco