grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] More than one schema entity found - solved

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] More than one schema entity found - solved

  • From: Francesco Malvezzi <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] More than one schema entity found - solved
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 12:13:35 +0100
  • Unimore-x-sa-score: -1.2

Il 27/02/2012 02:14, Tom Zeller ha scritto:
> First, let me apologize for misspelling the name of your institution
> in a previous message. I was mobile and too flippant.

no problem, really.

> As of right now, no, a filter based on group type (e.g. GroupType
> returned from Group.getTypes()) does not exist and would need to be
> written. The following xml element filters groups by an attribute
> named "type", not the group type. And, the attribute would need to be
> an old-style not new-attribute-framework attribute :
>
> <grouper:GroupFilter xsi:type="grouper:ExactAttribute"
> name="type" value="sambaGroupMapping" />

[...]
> while a new-sylte attribute is created via :
>
> Stem etcAttribute =
> StemFinder.findByName(GrouperSession.staticGrouperSession(),
> "etc:attribute", true);
> AttributeDef attributeDef =
> etcAttribute.addChildAttributeDef("mailLocalAddressAttributeDef",
> AttributeDefType.attr);
> attributeDef.setAssignToGroup(true);
> attributeDef.setMultiValued(true);
> attributeDef.setValueType(AttributeDefValueType.string);
> attributeDef.store();
> etcAttribute.addChildAttributeDefName(attributeDef,
> "mailLocalAddress", "mailLocalAddress");

very interesting

> Yes, filters may be nested.

[...]

Thank you,

> If you need a group type filter, let me know, it should be easy enough
> to write one. Although I was reluctant at first because I was not sure
> if the usage of group type had fallen out of favor.

no, just wondering.

> Oh, and, as of version 2.1.0 the syntax for filters has changed : I
> replaced <grouper:GroupFilter /> with <grouper:Filter />. I did this
> because the and, or, and minus filters are also applicable to stems,
> in addition to groups. Let this be a reminder to myself for the
> release notes.
>
> TomZ

Tom, thank you for all your help. Now ldappcng works and provides
entries with two different objectClasses according to the stem whence
they came.

The matter, as you pointed before, was the identifyingAttribute: there
were not two exclusive obectClass (one for group type), but only one.

ciao,

Francesco