grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] RE: Subject ID

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] RE: Subject ID

  • From: Peter Schober <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] RE: Subject ID
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 09:00:31 +0100

* Chris Hyzer
<>
[2012-02-22 21:00]:
> We use an 8 digit university ID which never changes. People are
> resolvable by identifier by netId and eppn, which could change if
> they change their name when getting married/divorced/etc

Is that "university ID which never changes" specific per person or per
account/netid/userid? If we were to introduce such an identifier I
guess we would want it to be unique to a person, to tie together all
her accounts/netids, allowing for name changes common to all netids,
etc.
But I suppose this is not what grouper would consider as a suitable
subjectId -- Grouper would want a unique id per netid/account/login
name, right?
-peter