grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] RE: Sample LDIF

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] RE: Sample LDIF

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Pål Axelsson <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] RE: Sample LDIF
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 22:31:17 -0600

> 1. I've search the whole Grouper Wiki for a sample group ldif so that I can
> see what the result is from the example configuraton.

Take a look at the java-provisioning-provider project :

http://anonsvn.internet2.edu/svn/i2mi/java-provisioning-provider/trunk/

The psp-example-* projects contain example configurations and ldifs
used in testing. Example configuration files are in src/test/resources
and the ldifs are in src/test/resources/data. Here is one example :

http://bit.ly/yiyNg1

or

http://anonsvn.internet2.edu/svn/i2mi/java-provisioning-provider/trunk/psp-example-grouper-to-
ldap/src/test/resources/data/GrouperToLdapTest.testBulkSyncBushyAddSubgroup.after.ldif

> 2. In the cn I understand that in a flatten structure the whole folder
> structure is present but is it the name or the id that is used in cn. Is it
> configurable? The same question is of coarse valid for isMemberOf in the
> user entries. It should of coarse be the same in on installation.

Configurable. For a flat structure, we default to group name for the
cn (and isMemberOf), for example 'edu:groupName'.

> 3. Is it possible to syncronize both the name and id? And if we define our
> own group types with for example an alternate group name in Swedish is it
> possible to syncronize that to?

Yes, you can use custom group types and attributes, either using
old-style attributes or the new attribute framework. Let us know if
you need examples.

I am not sure what you mean by synchronizing "both the name and id".
If you elaborate, I can try to help.

TomZ