grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] search in ldap in sources.xml

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] search in ldap in sources.xml

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Wallaert-Taquet Brigitte <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] search in ldap in sources.xml
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 11:36:21 -0500

> How can I set in sources.xml for all searchs use the the SECURITY_PRINCIPAL
> instead the SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION (~ uid=adminldap, ou=administrateurs,
> dc=univ-lille1,dc=fr) ?
>
> I try to set SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION to my user admin in ldap but I have an
> error : javax.naming.AuthenticationNotSupportedException: uid=adminldap,
> ou=administrateurs, dc=univ-lille1,dc=fr
>
> I try to set to NONE and it do a bind anonymous too...
>
> I have to go in production tomorrow and my administrator ldap need that...

You probably want SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION "simple".

For example, sources.example.xml has :

<init-param>
<param-name>SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION</param-name>
<param-value>simple</param-value>
</init-param>

<init-param>
<param-name>SECURITY_PRINCIPAL</param-name>
<param-value>cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=edu</param-value>
</init-param>

Does this help ?

TomZ

http://download.oracle.com/javase/jndi/tutorial/ldap/security/ldap.html