grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Running daily Grouper Loader jobs with a command?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Running daily Grouper Loader jobs with a command?

  • From: Peter DiCamillo <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Running daily Grouper Loader jobs with a command?
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 12:19:19 -0400

Thanks. We don't load groups or attributes with the loader, or use enabled/disabled or the esb listener. So I'm actually only interested in the log cleaner and daily report jobs. I don't see a problem with the log cleaner running at a fixed time, and you already explained how to run the daily report. Also, I see that I can prevent the loader from scheduling the daily report by not defining the key for that. So I think that's everything I need.

Peter

Chris Hyzer wrote:
Is it that you don't want the grouper jobs to run because other things are
processing, and you want it to be in serial, or is it that you want the data
from the jobs to be intact in grouper in case they affect the grouper jobs?

If it is the former, then I think you want all jobs to run manually. If it
is the latter, then I think we can pick and choose which ones matter. I say
this since not all of them have a GSH command. Here are examples of jobs:

- Rules job: this is mainly to clean up inconsistencies, the rules fire when
things happen
- Log cleaner job: I don't think this depends on loader jobs
- Daily report: I could see how you would want to run this manually, if so,
call this from GSH:
new
GrouperReport().findBadMemberships(isRunBadMember).findUnresolvables(isRunUsdu).runReport()

- Enabled/disabled: If the loader isn't setting enabled disabled dates, then
I don't think it matters when this runs. This was intended to be at the date
granularity... so it should schedule just after midnight

- Group sync job: If you are syncing a group to another grouper, you should
do incremental in which case this is just to fix inconsistencies

- change log jobs which run every minute or so

- esb listener I think runs once and listens

Anyways, which jobs are important to you to run at a certain time? I can try
to expose a method for those at some point.

On Behalf Of Peter DiCamillo