grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] "glue" objectClass when using "bushy" structure on OpenLDAP

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] "glue" objectClass when using "bushy" structure on OpenLDAP

  • From: Mark Cairney <>
  • To: Mark Cairney <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] "glue" objectClass when using "bushy" structure on OpenLDAP
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 16:28:44 +0100

Hi,

For completeness this was an issue at the OpenLDAP side of things rather than
with Grouper- one of the nodes had a clock that was slightly out of sync with
the others as it was configured with the default list of NTP servers rather
than pointing at a local NTP server. Once I corrected this Grouper appears to
be provisioning correctly (touch wood) and the changes appear to be being
replicated.

Apologies!

Cheers,

Mark

On 10 Jun 2011, at 15:45, Mark Cairney wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Im wondering if anyone has ever came across this issue? Essentially it
> looks like Im hitting a race condition in that children ou's are being
> created before their parent ou's thus resulting in the creation of "ghost"
> OU's with the "glue" objectClass. This behaviour seems to have coincided
> with me setting initial cache sizes and changing the subject attribute to
> id now that the corresponding LDAP attribute is now present.
>

> My ldappc.xml is currently:
>

> <ldappc>
> <grouper>
> <group-queries>
> <subordinate-stem-queries>
> <stem-list>
> <stem>affiliations</stem>
> <stem>pos</stem>
>
> <stem>courses</stem>
> <stem>org</stem>
> <stem>adhoc</stem>
> </stem-list>
> </subordinate-stem-queries>
> </group-queries>
>
> <groups
> structure="bushy"
> root-dn="ou=grouper,${edu.vt.middleware.ldap.base}"
> ldap-object-class="groupOfNames"
> ldap-rdn-attribute="cn"
> grouper-attribute="name">
>
> <group-members-dn-list list-object-class="groupOfNames"
> list-attribute="memb
> er" list-empty-value="" />
>
> <!-- <group-attribute-mapping ldap-object-class="groupOfNames">
> <group-attribute-map group-attribute="description"
> ldap-attribute="descrip
> tion" />
> </group-attribute-mapping> -->
> <group-attribute-mapping ldap-object-class="posixGroup">
> <group-attribute-map group-attribute="gid" ldap-attribute="gidNumber"
> />
> </group-attribute-mapping>
> </groups>
>
> </grouper>
>
> <source-subject-identifiers>
> <source-subject-identifier source="sourceId" subject-attribute="id">
> <ldap-search
> base="ou=people,ou=central,${edu.vt.middleware.ldap.base}"
> scope="onelevel_scope"
> filter="(eduniIdmsId={0})"
> on-not-found="warn" />
> </source-subject-identifier>
> </source-subject-identifiers>
>
> </ldappc>
>
> /*********************************
> Mark Cairney
> ITI UNIX Section
> Information Services
> University of Edinburgh
>
> Tel: 0131 650 6565
> Email:
>

> *********************************/
>

> --

Mark Cairney
ITI UNIX Section
Information Services
University of Edinburgh

Tel: 0131 650 6565
Email:

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.