grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Keeping change logs and audit logs from using too much space

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Keeping change logs and audit logs from using too much space

  • From: Dominique Petitpierre <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Keeping change logs and audit logs from using too much space
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 09:27:34 +0200

Hello,

Many thanks for your answers:

On 06.05.2011 19:00, Chris Hyzer wrote:
>> - How does one disable change logs completely? The property
>> changeLog.enabled=false in the file grouper.properties does not seem
>> to be sufficient: e.g. when a member is added to a group via the
>> Grouper UI or the Grouper shell then an entry is anyway inserted in
>> the table grouper_change_log_entry_temp.
>>

> At this time there is not a way...
> I think you should keep the change log on...

OK.

If the change log is becoming an intrinsic part of Grouper that
cannot/should not be disabled, may be there is no point to have the
properties changeLog.enabled and
changeLog.changeLogTempToChangeLog.enable. At least a comment in the
poperty file could document the fact that these properties are best
left unchanged (default value = true).

One more question:

- What is the link between the change log and the enabled/disabled
daemon? I.e. why does a property about membership enabled and
disabled dates have a prefix "changeLog." in its name? (cf. property
changeLog.enabledDisabled.quartz.cron in grouper-loader.properties,

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+enabled+and+disabled+dates).

Best regards,
Dominique Petitpierre

--
Mr Dominique Petitpierre, user=Dominique.Petitpierre domain=unige.ch
Division Informatique, University of Geneva, Switzerland