grouper-users - [grouper-users] ldappcng and multiple LDAPs

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] ldappcng and multiple LDAPs

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] ldappcng and multiple LDAPs
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 08:59:34 -0500

Hi,

Suppose I have a Grouper configured with a sources.xml so that
it finds subjects from two different LDAPs.

is known in ldap://ldap.ligo.org

and

is known in ldap://foo.org

Now I create the group 'GroupA' in Grouper and add both

and

as members.

I want ldappcng to provision

isMemberOf: GroupA

's
entry in ldap://ldap.ligo.org and
's
entry in ldap://foo.org.

1) What is the best strategy to accomplish this provisioning?
Do I want a single ldappcng instance running with a clever
configuration or two instances with less clever
configurations?

2) How do I get ldappcng to only try and provision attributes
for

to ldap://ldap.ligo.org and ignore

since

is unknown in
ldap://ldap.ligo.org?

(and vice versa for the other LDAP ldap://foo.org)

Thanks,

Scott