grouper-users - [grouper-users] Using XMPP to sync folder/subfolders

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Using XMPP to sync folder/subfolders

  • From: Erik Froese <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Using XMPP to sync folder/subfolders
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 18:44:27 -0500

Hey Everyone,

I was looking into using the Grouper XMPP connector to sync up Grouper
with Sakai. configured the server to send events for groups that match
the filter nyu:apps:atlas:*. (atlas is the name for sakai at nyu).

When I went to set up the grouper client to listen for group events I
got stuck on the grouperClient.xmpp.job.myJobName.groupNames property.
I traced it down in GrouperClientXmppMain to line 226 where it looks
for the group name in a collection of string.

if (grouperClientXmppJob.getGroupNames().contains(esbEvent.getGroupName())) {

Is there a way to specify an expression to match against incoming
event group names?

Erik