grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] lite ui and authentication mechanism

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] lite ui and authentication mechanism

  • From: Martin Feller <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] lite ui and authentication mechanism
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 15:44:17 -0600

I try to integrate the light UI into an existing webpage. After logging into
that webpage information about
the user (like username) is stored in a cookie. I don't want an additional
basic authentication step when the group
management page is rendered, but rather have the Grouper UI servlet use the
information from the cookie to get the user id.
All works fine, I see the cookies, but I think I need to do changes in the
filter code to accomplish this.
Having a declarative option, like in grouper-ws, would be cleaner, I guess

Thanks,

Martin