grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] lite ui and authentication mechanism

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] lite ui and authentication mechanism

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Martin Feller <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] lite ui and authentication mechanism
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 16:28:36 -0500

What authentication mechanism do you want to use?

On Behalf Of Martin Feller
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 4:27 PM

Hi,

Can somebody please confirm the following?

I was trying to write a custom authentication mechanism and hook it into the
Prototype Lite UI, as described
here: https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Authentication

But I think this won't work, because the mechanisms described there are only
for grouper-ws.
The lite UI servlet that handles the AJAX calls from grouper.html, or rather
the service logic classes used by the
lite UI servlet, call a static method of the GrouperUI filter to get the
remote user though.

So there's no configuration-only way to change the authentication mechanism
for this UI, right?

Thanks!

Martin