grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Using hooks for group effective membership changes

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Using hooks for group effective membership changes

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Peter DiCamillo <>, Shilen Patel <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Using hooks for group effective membership changes
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 17:14:25 -0500

The change log consumer is just like a hook, but better. :)

Just extend: edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.changeLog.ChangeLogConsumerBase

Attached is the built in example

Then you register that with the grouper-loader.properties like this:

changeLog.consumer.yourNameHere.class = edu.yourSchool.ChangeLogConsumer
changeLog.consumer.yourNameHere.quartzCron = 0 * * * * ?

(note, just leave that cron every minute)

This is better for notification than hooks since it does flattened
calculations, operates in batches of 100 I believe, and is asynchronous
(after the transaction of the membership change is done, then these are
processed in the next minute).

If you want web service or XMPP notifications, then the ESB connector is
built on top of the change log consumer, if you want to write your own code,
stick with change log, otherwise I can give more info about ESB.

Ok?

On Behalf Of Peter DiCamillo