grouper-users - [grouper-users] Using hooks for group effective membership changes

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Using hooks for group effective membership changes

  • From: Peter DiCamillo <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Using hooks for group effective membership changes
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 16:31:16 -0500

I'd like to use the hooks mechanism in Grouper to get a notification when the effective membership of a group changes. I've done some experimenting with hooks, and understand how to set them up. However, when I add or remove group members, the only notifications I've been able to get are for the immediate group that was modified, not other groups which include the modified group.

Is there a way to do this? If so, could you describe it at a high level? I don't necessarily have to use hooks, if Grouper provides an alternative mechanism. The requirement is that I can run my own code when the effective membership of any group changes. The use case is for real-time provisioning.

Peter