grouper-users - [grouper-users] Structuring Groups in Grouper Video

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Structuring Groups in Grouper Video

  • From: Richard James <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Structuring Groups in Grouper Video
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 14:23:05 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US, en-GB
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-GB

Hi,

At Newcastle University we have been running a UK JISC funded project called
the GRAND project (http://research.ncl.ac.uk/grand). I have mainly been
working on the Granularity and Delegation side of the project which is
focused around the use of Grouper. And as part of this we have been looking
into the way that groups are structured within Grouper in order to allow for
the most secure, flexible, and useable form of delegation.

As an output from the project I have created a video which discusses and
demonstrates how we have structured our groups in Grouper. Hopefully it might
be a useful reference point for people just starting off with grouper and are
considering how to structure their groups. The video is available at
http://research.ncl.ac.uk/grand/resources/GrouperStructureJan12/GrouperStructureJan12.html,
please feel free to give us any feedback/comments on our structure. It is
always useful to know how other people approach this area so that we can try
get the most effective solution.

Thanks

Richie

Richard James
Infrastructure Systems Administrator
ISS Systems Architecture
Newcastle University

  • [grouper-users] Structuring Groups in Grouper Video, Richard James, 01/13/2011