Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
RE: [grouper-users] Use of the colon (:) in group names.
- From: Chris Hyzer <>
- To: "" <>, "" <>
- Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Use of the colon (:) in group names.
- Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 08:50:47 -0400
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
> names. He wonders if the use of the colon might run afoul of web
> application firewalls. We don't have one as of yet, but he is
> concerned that if typical web-app firewall signatures look for
> colons it makes sense to not use something that will be flagged
> every time. The theory is such a firewall looking for URL
> manipulation might be wary of seeing colons.
I have never heard of this issue, maybe no one is using a web application
firewall with grouper, or maybe it is not a problem. Are you worried about
the UI or WS or both? I wonder if escaping the colon in the URL would help
(%3A). We do have a Jira issue to support user configured folder separators
(instead of colon), but the colon is pretty entrenched in the Grouper
codebase, so this would not be trivial...
- [grouper-users] Removing logout link in lite UI, Peter DiCamillo, 10/23/2010
- RE: [grouper-users] Removing logout link in lite UI, Chris Hyzer, 10/23/2010
- [grouper-users] Use of the colon (:) in group names., Bill . Costa, 10/25/2010
- RE: [grouper-users] Use of the colon (:) in group names., Chris Hyzer, 10/26/2010
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.