grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] WsSampleAssignAttributesRest_json.txt and values

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] WsSampleAssignAttributesRest_json.txt and values

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Scott Koranda <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] WsSampleAssignAttributesRest_json.txt and values
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 13:37:17 -0400

I added a sample for assigning an attribute value:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/GrouperWG/Assign+Attributes

Note the attribute def needs to have a value type (e.g. string, integer,
etc), and whether or not multi-valued:

attributeDef.setValueType(AttributeDefValueType.integer);
attributeDef.setMultiValued(true);
attributeDef.store();

attributeAssignValueOperation is required if passing values to assign. It is
the operation to perform for attribute value on attribute assignments:
assign_value, add_value, remove_value, replace_values. Like the attribute
assign operation, assign_value will assign if not there, or ignore if already
there. add_value will add even if assigned. And replace_values will remove
orphans not in the assign list.
Let me know if you need more...

On Behalf Of Scott Koranda