grouper-users - [grouper-users] Grouper 1.6.1 UI membership list sorting

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Grouper 1.6.1 UI membership list sorting

  • From: Peter DiCamillo <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper 1.6.1 UI membership list sorting
  • Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 23:14:23 -0400

I'm having a problem where membership lists I view in the full Grouper UI are not sorted as I would expect. When the size of the membership list does not exceed the page size the list is sorted. But when more than one page is needed, the list on each page is not sorted. The value of comparator.sort.limit in media.properties is 50000, larger than the size of any of our groups, because even if it's slow, we always want sorted lists.

For example, I viewed a list with 2 direct members and 356 indirect members. When I viewed the indirect members or all members with a page size of 500 the list was sorted. But with a page size of 250 the lists on the pages were not sorted.

I didn't install Grouper 1.3, but we may have had a local fix for this. But in any case, it appears that since 1.3 the code that for handling pages and sorting has changed

Peter