grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Very early stages of deploying groups in LDAP...

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Very early stages of deploying groups in LDAP...

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Very early stages of deploying groups in LDAP...
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 14:43:53 -0500

Bill,

I'll let Tom Zeller respond authoritatively about ways that grouper can
provision groups to LDAP, though briefly I'll note that

* group LDAP entries can be put in a single OU or maintained in a
hierarchy that mirrors their structure in grouper

* the RDNs of LDAP groups maintained by grouper are highly configurable

* group memberships can be provisioned as attribute values in LDAP
entries of members, whether or not the groups they belong to are also
provisioned as group entries in LDAP

U Chicago's group naming plan might provide a starting point for your
thoughts about naming:

https://wiki.uchicago.edu/display/idm/Group+Names

Tom

On 9/24/2010 3:52 PM,