grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] performance deterioration threshold

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] performance deterioration threshold

  • From: Eileen Roach <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] performance deterioration threshold
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 08:23:56 -0700

Chris,

Thanks for the input.  I should have explained a little more ... we are not having performance issues.  We are researching to make sure Grouper will meet all of our requirements.  So far it looks great -- I can't wait to get started.

This is enough info to meet our number of groups requirement without performance deterioration
.

Thanks,

Eileen

Chris Hyzer wrote:

I’m sure Shilen will have better info for you, but before that happens…  Penn has 46k groups and it seems fine performance wise.

1.       What version of grouper are you using?  What OS, DB, size of server, etc?

2.       Can you analyze all your tables and see if it speeds things up? (this typically solves people’s performance problems)

https://spaces.internet2.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=11076532#APIBuilding%26Configuration-AnalyzingTablestoImproveQueryPerformance

3.       What exactly is slow?

Btw, there are performance enhancements in each new version of Grouper most notably 1.5 and 1.6…