grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] ldappc error Grouper 1.5.3 list-empty-value member-groups-list

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] ldappc error Grouper 1.5.3 list-empty-value member-groups-list

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] ldappc error Grouper 1.5.3 list-empty-value member-groups-list
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:58:03 -0500

> It took me awhile to find this one. In 1.4.2, I removed the
> list-empty-value option from member-groups-list :
>
> "Attempt at fixing GRP-227. AttributeModifier will now update
> attributes using add and remove operations instead of replace. It is
> not currently possible to provision a membership's list-empty-value,
> and this option in members-group-list is no longer supported."
>
> The bug (https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-227) was fairly
> serious, and I'm trying to remember why it is no longer possible to
> provision the list-empty-value...basically because we were
> provisioning group-centrically rather than member-centrically.
>
> The documentation on the wiki is, obviously, incorrect.
>
> The eduMember schema denotes isMemberOf as MAY rather than MUST...do
> you need the list-empty-value ?

Hi,

No, I don't need it. I was just copying over the old Grouper
1.4.x ldappc.xml configuration file I was using and making the
changes detailed on the Grouper 1.5 ldappc pages and thought I
had found them all.

I don't recall why I had list-empty-value defined...probably
didn't ever need it.

With that removed the "new" ldappc is working very well for
me.

Thanks much,

Scott