grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] more on Lite UI Authentication

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] more on Lite UI Authentication

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Peter Schober <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] more on Lite UI Authentication
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:12:17 -0400

Right, but I have had a case where locationmatch helps... maybe obscure, but
if the issue is the user isn't being redirected to authenticate it is worth a
try :)

I think what I was doing was protecting my servlet:

<Location /app/servletProtected.do>

Authn directive

</Location>

I forget the exact scenario, but the user was redirected to:
/app/servletProtected.do;jsessionid=abc123. It might have been the browser
detection software (browserhawk?). This URL should be protected, but
Location doesn't do it, and LocationMatch does...