grouper-users - Grouper and Microsoft SQL Server/DDL

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Grouper and Microsoft SQL Server/DDL

  • From: "Roy, Nicholas S" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Grouper and Microsoft SQL Server/DDL
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:07:06 -0600

I'm a system programmer at The University of Iowa. We're taking a look at
Grouper for replacing some business logic that we have running on a system
that's going to be retired. We are a very Microsoft-oriented shop, so the
databases we have easy access to are Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and Microsoft
SQL Server 2008. It looks like there is support in Grouper API version 1.5
for MSSQL databases, but when I try to create the registry/database objects,
the DDL has things in it that make T-SQL very unhappy, like '||' for
concatenation instead of '+', ORDER BY in views, and index keys that are
larger than 900 bytes. The first two are somewhat overcome-able as far as I
can tell, but the last one is fairly tricky to fix and the only way I can
think to make it happy would be to rewrite the indexes with included columns.

My question is this- has anyone ever used Grouper with a Microsoft SQL server
database for the registry, and if so, do you have the DDL that you could
share with us?

Thank you,

Nick

Nicholas Roy
System Programmer
The University of Iowa / ITS - Systems and Platforms / Directory and
Authentication
2800 UCC Iowa City, IA 52242
tel +1 319 335 5510