grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] LDAP provisioning: pre-provision search failing

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] LDAP provisioning: pre-provision search failing

  • From: Elliot Kendall <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] LDAP provisioning: pre-provision search failing
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 11:56:24 -0500

On 2010-02-10 11:24:17 -0500, Peter Schober wrote:
> It can hardly be called an LDAP server then.
> While http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4515 is current,
> RFC 2254 has been around for 12 years now...

I was surprised, too. I don't run the LDAP server here, and my limited
interactions with it had been reasonable before this.

> So I guess you'll want to check this again. Unless you're running
> some severly limited (i.e., broken) meta-directory or
> pseudo-directory software I can hardly image this really to be the
> case.

It is indeed some kind of odd meta-directory: it sits in front of two
servers for two different parts of the organization and proxies
requests to them. I may end up having to write groups to each of them
seperately.

--
Elliot Kendall
Lead Applications Analyst