grouper-users - postgres fails in ddlutils with detecting same col in different schemas

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

postgres fails in ddlutils with detecting same col in different schemas

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: postgres fails in ddlutils with detecting same col in different schemas
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 00:47:06 -0500

Michael, I added to the Jira:

If you set the schema in the grouper.properties:

# this is the schema ddlutils uses to query metadata with jdbc. usually this can be omitted,
# and it defaults to your database loginid, however, in postgres, it can be different, so enter here
#ddlutils.schema = public

(uncomment and set to whatever schema you are using), then does that help?

If you want to give me a verbose description of how your postgres database is organized, I can try to reproduce. Or if you can make a simple case that can reproduce it, I can look into it.

Also, an obvious workaround is to make a new (empty) database in postgres, make a schema for grouper, and move/copy the grouper data there, and use that to connect from grouper API… J  Im not a postgres person, not sure how painful that is.

  • postgres fails in ddlutils with detecting same col in different schemas, Chris Hyzer, 01/15/2010