grouper-users - web services with rest/json

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

web services with rest/json

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: web services with rest/json
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 02:19:53 -0500

Hey,

Just curious if anyone is using rest/json web services. I had some unit
tests fail where the xstream library was serializing a bean and couldn't
unserialize it (which isn't actually done in real life GrouperWs). Xstreams
library has other issues related to the json it generates. I tried google's
gson, and json.org's library, and the latter was up to snuff. So I made the
JSON marshaling pluggable where you can pick the old version or the new one
(defaults to new one), this is in the grouper-ws.properties file.

Im still making sure the json.org library will work, but just curious is
there are any opinions from you about this change.

Thanks!