grouper-users - Call for Proposals - Jasig 2010

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Call for Proposals - Jasig 2010

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Identity Management Constituent Group Discussion list <>, MACE-Dir <>, Grouper Users <>, Pacmann <>
  • Subject: Call for Proposals - Jasig 2010
  • Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 18:39:17 -0600

Ten Years of Open Source Innovation

March 8 - 10, 2009

The Town and Country Resort, San Diego, California

Supplementary Seminars on March 7th and the afternoon of March 10th
Developer Workshops, March 11 - 12

Call for Proposals now open
Deadline for submission of proposals for half or full day seminars: November 4, 2009
Deadline for submission of proposals for all other sessions: November 18, 2009

Conference site: http://www.ja-sig.org/conferences/10spring/index.html

Dear Colleague:

Help us celebrate Jasig's 10th anniversary in San Diego with outstanding speakers and special events.

The focus is on innovation this year. We'll be highlighting new and established work from higher education institutions:  Projects you should know about; local projects in search of community; creative work by established communities of practice; projects that exist only as a gleam in the eye of a creative developer.

Come and see presentations and seminars on new technologies soon to impact higher education.  We're seeking talks on topics such as Scala, Spring 3, deployment to the Cloud, Groovy, Grails, REST, Jersey, mobile applications, etc.

We invite you to propose talks, seminars, birds-of-a-feather sessions, demos, and poster session displays on new and current campus applications: Enterprise portlets, CAS, uPortal, Bedework Calendar, Identity & Access Management, Fluid, ESUP Helpdesk, OpenRegistry, Sakai, Kuali, Internet2 Middleware Solutions, Fedora and DSpace, and others.

Talks will be presented in one of four tracks:

  • Designing & Developing
    For developers, architects, UX designers, testers. Presentations for people who build applications.
  • Deploying & Integrating
    For people who need to make applications work on campus: developers, content providers, team leaders, evangelists. In particular, we would like to highlight work that integrates open source projects within the enterprise infrastructure and with each other.
  • Managing & Governing
    What are best practices for managing community source projects or their deployments on campus? For encouraging adoption? For gaining acceptance and campus buy-in? For engaging your community in the processes? Presentations for managers, team leaders, executives, planners and strategists.
  • Looking Ahead
    What are the technologies that will impact higher education in the coming years? What project work, prototypes, plans, and local campus applications would you like to share with a community of your peers?

Half-day Supplementary Seminars will be held in the morning and afternoon on Sunday, March 7th as well as on Wednesday (March 10th) afternoon.

Proposals may be entered on the Jasig Conference Website. Proposals require a Title, an Abstract (under 500 words), a Presenter Profile, and some basic affiliation information.  This year we are also asking proposal submitters to select tags that best describe their proposals.

Submit your proposal directly at http://www.ja-sig.org/jasigconf/call-form.jsp?conf_id=jasig17 or from the conference home page, where you can find all the details: http://www.ja-sig.org/conferences/10spring/index.html (Click the Call for Proposals link on the left).

We look forward to seeing you at Ten Years of Open Source Innovation!

-The Jasig 2010 Spring Conference Planning Committee

  • Call for Proposals - Jasig 2010, Tom Barton, 11/05/2009