grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Fetching Stems with Umlauts

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Fetching Stems with Umlauts

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Mirko Tasler <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Fetching Stems with Umlauts
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:39:13 -0400

Ok, I think this already works, just need to adjust the encoding of the terminal.  In Putty, and SecureCRT I switched to UTF-8 encoding, and it works fine.  If you see the right result in the web service response, then you don’t need to upgrade the WS.

[mchyzer@flash pennGroupsClient-1.4.2]$ java -jar grouperClient.jar --operation=groupSaveWs --name=aStem:newGroup0ä

Success: T: code: SUCCESS_NO_CHANGES_NEEDED: aStem:newGroup0ä

[mchyzer@flash pennGroupsClient-1.4.2]$

> Btw., the UI displays the umlaut correctly...

> ...but should better escape it (in this case to umlaut&auml; or to

> umlaut&#228;).

Good.  I think this is easier to do in a UI than a console.  But with the LANG set properly (mine is UTF8), and the terminal encoding set properly (again UTF8), then I think it is fine.

Ok?