Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
- From: Chris Hyzer <>
- To: Mirko Tasler <>, "" <>
- Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Fetching Stems with Umlauts
- Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:39:13 -0400
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
Ok, I think this already works, just need to adjust the encoding of the terminal. In Putty, and SecureCRT I switched to UTF-8 encoding, and it works fine. If you see the right result in the web service response, then you don’t need to upgrade the WS.
[mchyzer@flash pennGroupsClient-1.4.2]$ java -jar grouperClient.jar --operation=groupSaveWs --name=aStem:newGroup0ä
Success: T: code: SUCCESS_NO_CHANGES_NEEDED: aStem:newGroup0ä
> Btw., the UI displays the umlaut correctly...
> <span class="browseStemsLocationHere">[...]umlautä</span>
> ...but should better escape it (in this case to umlautä or to
Good. I think this is easier to do in a UI than a console. But with the LANG set properly (mine is UTF8), and the terminal encoding set properly (again UTF8), then I think it is fine.
- Fetching Stems with Umlauts, Mirko Tasler, 09/02/2009
- RE: [grouper-users] Fetching Stems with Umlauts, Chris Hyzer, 09/12/2009
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.