grouper-users - Re: RE: [grouper-users] Querying Grouper database to produce attributesfor Shibboleth

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: RE: [grouper-users] Querying Grouper database to produce attributesfor Shibboleth

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: RE: [grouper-users] Querying Grouper database to produce attributesfor Shibboleth
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 10:50:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi

Many thanks for all your help and suggestions.

We are in the process of testing out using the view for retrieving group
memberships, and it is already apparent the positive effect it has on the
efficiency and performance. As the amount of memberships continues to grow,
using views rather than using queries with joins on the tables is definitely
going to be beneficial.

We are going to monitor performance using the views over the next couple of
weeks, whilst also considering the trade off between up to date data and
performance.

It's good to hear about the prospect of long term support for a SQL interface
for memberships.

Regarding LDAP, we except that provisioning groups with LDAP is the most
efficient route, but unfortunately our LDAP directory is active directory,
and we don't have a test environment set up for this for us to do some
playing around with. We are hoping to look into this in the near future, so
we can try out LDAP with grouper and also TomZ's component. In the meantime,
the use of the view looks like it will be an improvement on the process we
currently have in place.

Thanks again for your suggestions it has been a great help :)

Regards

Richard

  • Re: RE: [grouper-users] Querying Grouper database to produce attributesfor Shibboleth, richard . james, 08/14/2009