grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] upgrading to 1.4.2 and moving to different host

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] upgrading to 1.4.2 and moving to different host

  • From: Colin Hudler <>
  • To: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] upgrading to 1.4.2 and moving to different host
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 11:29:20 -0500

On 06/26/2009 11:06 AM, Scott Koranda wrote:
Sounds like a good plan to me. I assume you will schedule
downtime, do this off hours, turn off the old WS/UI/etc
before dumping, test the new one with the real data, decide
if you are turning on the new or reverting to the old,
etc...

Yes, all those good things will be done. :-)

So no schema issues then? Great. I think I can proceed.

Cheers,

Scott

I think you have a good plan. FWIW, I have done nearly exact same steps several times, and I ship database dumps between instances routinely.