grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Re: ldappc observations and issues with -interval

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Re: ldappc observations and issues with -interval

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Scott Koranda <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Re: ldappc observations and issues with -interval
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 09:50:44 -0500

I've committed changes to GROUPER_1_4_BRANCH which will hopefully
resolve GRP-227.

Instead of attempting to update attribute values using the ldap
replace operation, ldappc will now only use add and remove operations.

As a side effect, it isn't possible currently to support provisioning
the list-empty-value of memberships, so this option of
members-group-list in ldappc.xml has been removed. I think this will
be OK, and it can be re-visited if necessary.

TomZ

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Tom Zeller
> Yes, Scott, I'm seeing undesirable behavior too...more later.
>
> TomZ
>
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Scott Koranda
> <>
> wrote:
>>>
>>> With Grouper and the LDAP server in sync again I then started
>>> ldappc using the -interval option:
>>>
>>> ./bin/gsh.sh -ldappc -subject GrouperSystem -groups -memberships
>>> -configManager /opt/grouper/ldappc/grouper/conf/ldappc.xml -interval 60
>>>
>>> Next, I then created a new group and added a user to it. ldappc created
>>> this file for recording updates to the LDAP server:
>>>
>>> employeeNumber=882,ou=people,dc=ligo,dc=org     2
>>> Communities:LVC:LSC:MOU:UWM:UWMPions
>>>
>>> About 3 minutes later ldappc created this file for updates to the
>>> LDAP server:
>>>
>>> employeeNumber=882,ou=people,dc=ligo,dc=org     1
>>> Communities:LVC:LSC:CompComm:AuthProject:AuthProjectGroupMembers
>>> employeeNumber=882,ou=people,dc=ligo,dc=org     1
>>> Communities:LVC:LSC:CompComm:CompCommGroupMembers
>>> employeeNumber=882,ou=people,dc=ligo,dc=org     1
>>> Communities:LVC:LSC:LSCGroupMembers
>>> employeeNumber=882,ou=people,dc=ligo,dc=org     1
>>> Communities:LVC:LSC:MOU:UWM:UWMGroupMembers
>>> employeeNumber=882,ou=people,dc=ligo,dc=org     1
>>> Communities:LVC:LVCGroupMembers