grouper-users - grouperClient: error adding members when stem contains forward slash

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

grouperClient: error adding members when stem contains forward slash

  • From: Loris Bennett <>
  • To: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: grouperClient: error adding members when stem contains forward slash
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 06:41:29 +0000

Hi,

I have been playing around with folders and groups with forward slashes
in their IDs. As far as I remember there used to be an issue with LDAPPC
regarding this. However now I seems LDAPPC can cope, but I have problem
with grouperClient. I can add group with the ID

group_with_a_/_in_its_id

but when I try to add members to a group without forwards slashes, but
in a folder with forward slashes, I get an error

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Cant find
GrouperWsRestPutGroup from string: 'informatik', expecting one of:
members, ,
uri:
/grouper-ws/servicesRest/v1_4_000/groups/targets:fb_mathematik/informatik/physik:test_group/members,
method: POST, decoded url strings: 0: 'v1_4_000', 1: 'groups', 2:
'targets:fb_mathematik', 3: 'informatik', 4: 'physik:test_group', 5: 'members'

Is there some way to escape the forwardslashes?

Cheers

Loris
--
Dr. Loris Bennett (Mr.)