grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Search for people or groups: no attributes shown for LDAP subjects

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Search for people or groups: no attributes shown for LDAP subjects

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Search for people or groups: no attributes shown for LDAP subjects
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 13:36:13 +0100

Hi Loris,

There is no straightforward way to do this - as far as I'm aware you can't configure the JNDISourceAdapter to have composite attributes, though, in principle, you could subclass it and add extra behaviour.

The UI has a template mechanism but you have to create a JSP i.e. in media.properties add a property like:

<source id>.subject.view.default=/WEB-INF/jsp/custom/jndiSubjectView.jsp

and add a template based of that name based on subjectView.jsp:

<c:if test="${empty inLink}">
</c:if>

<c:out value="${viewObject['cn']" /> [<c:out value="${viewObject['uidNumber']" />]

<c:if test="${empty inLink}"></span></c:if>

There may be places that the subject doesn't display as you expect but I'm sure we could figure those out.

Gary