grouper-users - ldappc list-empty-value usage and potential deprecation ?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

ldappc list-empty-value usage and potential deprecation ?

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: ldappc list-empty-value usage and potential deprecation ?
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 13:33:36 -0500

Is anyone using list-empty-value when provisioning memberships or groups ?

Are there objections to removing the functionality that list-empty-value provides ?

I don't see how ldappc can correctly populate the list-empty-value, because ldappc does not slurp all values of a membership or member attribute, hence it doesn't know when the attribute is empty.

I understand the notion that a membership or member attribute might be mandatory, but is that a real-world scenario that we want to continue to support ?

From the docs, list-empty-value is described as follows:

"Defines the value to be placed in the attribute if no values are stored there. If the attribute is optional (i.e., a MAY attribute), this value is most likely not needed. If the attribute is required (i.e., a MUST attribute), then this value should be defined."

Thanks,
TomZ