grouper-users - Hooks

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Hooks

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Hooks
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 10:35:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All

I am experimenting with hooks within grouper so far unsucessfully, so i was
wondering if any one can give me any pointers. I am trying the example
documented at
https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Hooks+POC+(Proof+of+concept).

I have created a java class called GroupHooksImplExample and placed this
within
/usr/local/grouper-qs-1.4.1/grouper/src/grouper/edu/internet2/middleware/grouper/hooks

Within grouper.properties I have amended the configuration as stated to read.
hooks.group.class=edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.ui.hooks.GroupHooksImplExample.

When I come to test the hook, it returns the following error, which suggests
that it cant find the class, but i am pretty sure it is in the correct place.

2009-03-19 14:23:18,658: [TP-Processor3] ERROR
GrouperUtil.propertyValueClass(7854) - Cant process property
hooks.group.class in resou
rce: grouper.properties, the current value is
'edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.hooks.GroupHooksImplExample', which should
be of type:
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.hooks.GroupHooks,
java.lang.RuntimeException: Problem loading class:
edu.internet2.middleware.groupe
r.hooks.GroupHooksImplExample

It might be that I am missing a few steps out here, but any pointers would be
helpful to get me started of with this so that I can use hooks in other areas
within grouper.

Regards

Richard