grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] UI error for subject previously in wheel group

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] UI error for subject previously in wheel group

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>, Scott Koranda <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] UI error for subject previously in wheel group
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:39:30 -0400

More logs would be nice too.

That error says:

Exception in uniqueResult: (class edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.Member),
ByHqlStatic, query: 'from Member as m where m.subjectIdDb = :sid and
m.subjectSourceIdDb = :source and m.subjectTypeId = :type'

Which looks like it might mean there are two or more rows in your
grouper_members table with the same subject_id, source_id, and type. I don't
know how this is possible since I believe there should be a unique index on
those cols. Try running this query, and see if it returns any rows:

select gm1.SUBJECT_ID, gm2.SUBJECT_ID, gm1.SUBJECT_SOURCE, gm2.SUBJECT_SOURCE
from grouper_members gm1, grouper_members gm2
where gm1.SUBJECT_ID = gm2.SUBJECT_ID and gm1.ID != gm2.ID

And see if there is a unique index on that table for those 3 cols...

If there is more in the logs then this might be the wrong path, but Gary
asked me to look at the error message, so I did. :)

Chris