grouper-users - UI error for subject previously in wheel group

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

UI error for subject previously in wheel group

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: UI error for subject previously in wheel group
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:14:58 -0700

Hi,

We are running the Grouper UI from 1.4.1.

I had a subject that I had added to our
etc:sysadmingroup. That is our 'wheel' group, i.e. in
grouper.properties we have

groups.wheel.use = true
groups.wheel.group = etc:sysadmingroup

Later I removed that subject from that wheel group.

Now when the user browses to the UI after a long
pause he sees only the words "My memberships" and
nothing else. I have the actual HTML delivered to the
browser and can post it if that would help.

Note that this happens with whatever browser the user
uses. It is not browser related.

The only suspicious thing I see in the logs is this:

2009-03-18 14:05:35,159: [TP-Processor6] ERROR
PrivilegeHelper.canViewMemberships(237) - canViewMemberships: Problem in
HibernateSession: HibernateSession: isNew: true, isReadonly: true,
grouperTransactionType: READONLY_NEW,
Exception in uniqueResult: (class edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.Memb
er), ByHqlStatic, query: 'from Member as m where m.subjectIdDb
= :sid and m.subjectSourceIdDb = :source and
m.subjectTypeId
= :type', cacheable: true, cacheRegion:
edu.internet2.middleware.groupe
r.internal.dao.hib3.Hib3MemberDAO.FindBySubject,
tx type: nullBind var[
0]: 'Param (class java.lang.String):
'sid'->'GrouperAll', Bind var[1]:
'Param (class java.lang.String):
'type'->'application'Bind var[2]: 'Par
am (class java.lang.String): 'source'->'g:isa',

Any ideas on how I can workaround this problem for
this user?

All other users/subjects are having no problems
browsing the UI.

Thanks,

Scott