grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] ldappc: Export partial stem?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] ldappc: Export partial stem?

  • From: "Dr. Loris Bennett" <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] ldappc: Export partial stem?
  • Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 12:57:29 +0000

On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 16:31 -0600, Tom Barton wrote:
> Peter Schober wrote:
> > * Dr. Loris Bennett
> > <>
> > [2009-02-25 13:20]:
> >> You are right of course, it wouldn't and would therefore be potentially
> >> hazardous. But supposing I know what I am doing and only ever export
> >> the same subtree to the same OU, then I wouldn't have a problem. My
> >> idea is that it would be nice to be able to avoid creating a whole lot
> >> of OUs which be of no significance to the person reading out LDAP and
> >> could well not even contain any information.
> >
> > An alternative would be to provision to
> > cn=test:subdir:myGroup,ou=Groups,$BASEDN, which avoids the
> > intermediare groups, I guess.
>
> Ldappc can provision groups in a "flat" or "bushy" manner. Loris, it
> looks like you are using "bushy". In the flat method all selected groups
> are provisioned into the same OU and the cn of the group can be set to
> any of the group naming attributes. Example:
>
> <groups structure="flat"
> root-dn="ou=groups,o=myOrg,c=myCountry"
> ldap-object-class="groupOfNames"
> ldap-rdn-attribute="cn" grouper-attribute="name" >
>
> would create groups named like
>
> cn=test:subdir:myGroup,ou=groups,o=myOrg,c=myCountry
>
> Changing grouper-attribute from "name" to "extension" would create
>
> cn=myGroup,ou=groups,o=myOrg,c=myCountry

If I use "extension" I get the following error:

2009-03-09 13:50:30,760: [main] ERROR Digester.error(1538) -
Parse Error at line 28 column 38: cvc-enumeration-valid: Value
'extension' is not facet-valid with respect to enumeration '[id,
name]'. It must be a value from the enumeration.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-enumeration-valid: Value
'extension' is not facet-valid with respect to enumeration '[id,
name]'. It must be a value
from the enumeration.

In ldapp.example.xml it says that the only values allowed are "id" or
"name", as the error message suggests.

Or did I misunderstand something?

Loris

--