grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Complex SOAP query example?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Complex SOAP query example?

  • From: Martin van Es <>
  • To: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Complex SOAP query example?
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 17:06:24 +0100

Hi,

I've found the answer to my question below, but now am completely stupified
by
the logic used in the logical FilterTypes:

To receive the union of two queryFilters, I have to AND them, instead of
OR'ing them? My (SQL) programmer's instinct would say that for the result of
2
distinct tests to be united, I need a logical OR.

The only way I can explain the FilterType AND is when I look at it like a
'bitwise' AND: that way, the AND stands for some sort of 'plus' operation?
Anyway, quite confusing.

The answer (for those interrested) to my original question is:

<ns1:wsQueryFilter>
<ns1:queryFilter0>
<ns1:groupName>aGr</ns1:groupName>
<ns1:queryFilterType>FIND_BY_GROUP_NAME_APPROXIMATE</ns1:queryFilterType>
</ns1:queryFilter0>
<ns1:queryFilter1>
<ns1:groupName>bGr</ns1:groupName>
<ns1:queryFilterType>FIND_BY_GROUP_NAME_APPROXIMATE</ns1:queryFilterType>
</ns1:queryFilter1>
<ns1:queryFilterType>AND</ns1:queryFilterType>
</ns1:wsQueryFilter>