grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Grouper UI 1.4.1 and Mac Safari 4 beta

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Grouper UI 1.4.1 and Mac Safari 4 beta

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • Cc: Chris Hyzer <>, Scott Koranda <>, Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Grouper UI 1.4.1 and Mac Safari 4 beta
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:46:31 -0600

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing wrote:
--On 26 February 2009 11:02 -0500 Chris Hyzer <> wrote:

You can also activate debug mode (populateDebugPrefs.do). Each page
should
then give you the option to:
Show request attributes - Show request headers - Show session
attributes
- Show application attributes

That is cool... didn't know about it. Though I think users should have
to be in an allowed group to be able to do it. Right?
That reminds me - media.properties has:
# Turn off the debug functionality - NOT implemented yet
# Can be set in the Grouper UI build.properties file
@

Guess I should implement it - and allow access to be restricted to a group as you suggest

Is there any sensitive info that's revealed in debug mode? If not, then perhaps debug mode itself will scare off those that happen to find it but weren't seeking it.

Tom