Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
- From: "Dr. Loris Bennett" <>
- To: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
- Subject: Hooks: Switching on and off?
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:28:55 +0100
- Organization: Freie Universität Berlin
I want to add a unix-like group ID to each group when it is save. With
Chris' help I have implemented a hook to add custom a custom type with
an attribute 'GID' which is filled with a value from a database
I now have the problem that, as an initial step, I want import a set of
existing groups which already have GIDs. At the moment I can just
configure out the hook, import the groups and then activate the hook
However, for the general case I wondered whether there is or should be a
mechanism for switching of hooks, say for a given subtree or for groups
with a given value of an attribute.
But then again perhaps operations which require hooks to be switched off
should just be done within a maintenance window.
Dr. Loris Bennett (Mr.)
Freie Universität Berlin
ZEDAT - Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung / Computer Center
Compute & Media Service
Fabeckstr. 32, Room 221
Tel ++49 30 838 51024
Fax ++49 30 838 56721
- Hooks: Switching on and off?, Dr. Loris Bennett, 02/26/2009
- RE: [grouper-users] Hooks: Switching on and off?, Chris Hyzer, 02/26/2009
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.