grouper-users - Hooks: Switching on and off?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Hooks: Switching on and off?

  • From: "Dr. Loris Bennett" <>
  • To: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Hooks: Switching on and off?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:28:55 +0100

Hi,

I want to add a unix-like group ID to each group when it is save. With
Chris' help I have implemented a hook to add custom a custom type with
an attribute 'GID' which is filled with a value from a database
sequence.

I now have the problem that, as an initial step, I want import a set of
existing groups which already have GIDs. At the moment I can just
configure out the hook, import the groups and then activate the hook
again.

However, for the general case I wondered whether there is or should be a
mechanism for switching of hooks, say for a given subtree or for groups
with a given value of an attribute.

But then again perhaps operations which require hooks to be switched off
should just be done within a maintenance window.

Thoughts?

Loris
--
Dr. Loris Bennett (Mr.)