grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Grouper and federative login

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Grouper and federative login

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Martin van Es <>, Grouper Users Mailing List <>, Hans Zandbelt <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Grouper and federative login
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:49:00 -0500

We can make a shib authentication plugin or setting which could get other
shib headers to make this a little easier. (so you aren't only reliant on
getRemoteUser)

At penn we have a grouper group of people allowed to login to the UI, though
it is also a small number of people. If you had that control then another
step could be to add the user to your source and UI group (and remove when
the user is expired or done).

Also, we aren't using external users, anyone with experience?

Regards,
Chris