grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Unicode

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Unicode

  • From: Gabby Capitanchik <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>, Tim gray <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Unicode
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:41:09 +0000

In that case has anyone have experience of using unicode data with grouper?

If so what was that experience?

In addition has anyone looked at using Penrose as an IDM?

Cheers

Gabby

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing wrote:
Hi Gabby,

Grouper is a Java application and Java supports unicode, however, the UI currently outputs <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />.

That is easy enough to change, but, however we configure the UI, complete unicode support would depend on your database setup and the capability of your SourceAdapters - and also the file.encoding System property for Tomcat (or other application server).

If there is anything in the current code which prevents end-to-end unicode I'm sure we would work to resolve the issues.

Gary