grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Unicode

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Unicode

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Gabby Capitanchik <>, Grouper Users Mailing List <>, Tim gray <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Unicode
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:10:12 +0000

Hi Gabby,

Grouper is a Java application and Java supports unicode, however, the UI currently outputs <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />.

That is easy enough to change, but, however we configure the UI, complete unicode support would depend on your database setup and the capability of your SourceAdapters - and also the file.encoding System property for Tomcat (or other application server).

If there is anything in the current code which prevents end-to-end unicode I'm sure we would work to resolve the issues.

Gary