grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Grouper and Provisioning

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Grouper and Provisioning

  • From:
  • To: Gabby Capitanchik <>, , Tim gray <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Grouper and Provisioning
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 12:02:28 -0500

At 8:56 AM +0000 1/29/09, Gabby Capitanchik wrote:
Hi,

You guys keep encouraging me with some really informative answers so here are some more questions.

This time I'm mainly interested in provisioning, specifically from Grouper to systems such as Active Directory and WebCT.

Brown is currently using custom, locally developed code to provision from Grouper into WebCT. AD is on our radar, but we haven't gotten to it yet (primarily because of the effort that will be required to sort thru the many many many groups that already exist in AD, that we'd like to move to Grouper...)

4) Is anyone provisioning from Grouper in near-realtime. For example, when a group changes, that change is propagated to all appropriate provisioned systems ASAP.

we're "sorta" doing that. We run our synch program several times during the day. Clearly, tho, this bears no resemblance to an ideal approach.

Now that hooks are available, we'd be VERY interested in talking to sites that are looking to build on that interface to do real time provisioning into ldap, etc.